Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dating advice-when it should be exclusive and am i paranoid?

I've been dating this guy for about a month. I usually rush but I dont know when its the right time to ask. I asked 2weeks ago and he wasnt ready. How long should is it usually until it can be exclusive or see it progressing. Im afraid of jumping the gun on this again because I really like him and Im nervous about it. was it too soon to ask? and should I just stop worrying about it and just have fun. I havent seen him in almost 2weeks now and im nervous about that too, hes busy trying to pass the bar.Dating advice-when it should be exclusive and am i paranoid?
Two weeks is far too soon to determine that it's good enough to be exclusive. I'd say wait about 3 months. If you get to 3 months and you are seeing each other every weekend (or close to it) and you talk to each other nearly every day, and it's fairly obvious to you that he's not seeing anyone else, then it's pretty safe to ask him if he's willing to date you and only you.





If he's busy with studying so you can't see each other that's one thing, but if he doesn't have the time or inclination to phone you every once in a while or send you emails/texts then you probably are right to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment