Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am writing a book and I was wondering did any body have any advice for me?

It is fiction.I am writing a book and I was wondering did any body have any advice for me?
If you're looking for great advice on writing may I suggest www.roomtowrite.com The site has amazing writers from all over the world and they're really cool about giving feedback. They have a Prose workshop forum for story ideas:





http://www.roomtowrite.com/forum/index.php?s=e00033bc7c74d2890d39ed5860ccd86b%26amp;showforum=97I am writing a book and I was wondering did any body have any advice for me?
make sure you don't have a bunch of unnecessary facts because the reader will get confused. and also, try not to keep everything totally happy or totally depressing. there's always a conflict and it balances the story out.





and for fiction, don't worry too much about accuracy when you're writing about things you aren't familiar with. you can just make it all up. =]
Style is an important tool in writing that can separate you from other writers. If you've got a recognizable style, you'll find a more dedicated fanbase, and your books won't get lost in the crowd of others.
Remember the basics of any writing is who, what, when, where, why. and research is good if is about a paticular time or place. That was my favorite thing do back in old days before internet,,, *mamatx
keep the characters real, and relateable - this is especially important for fiction, because your readers need to understand them.


by the way, what is it about?
You can write something about a jobless guy who fails in job interviews and then decide to do something special.
keep it believable unless it is totally unbelievable and then it is okay don't make it some right and other things not right
You can kiss my butt and make it a love story - (sorry, I just couldn't resist such a great set-up)

No comments:

Post a Comment