Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is the advice that you can't forget and who gave it to you?

Some guy said ';life is just life'; Like, don't take things so seriouslyWhat is the advice that you can't forget and who gave it to you?
My husband is always saying ';You can shine a turd up all you want but it's still a turd. A shiny turd but still a turd.'; It's one of my favorite quotes and the best advice because it's so true. You can't change the things around you so just keep living life the way you have been as long as it makes you happy.What is the advice that you can't forget and who gave it to you?
';Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.





Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.





Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.





Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.





Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.';





--Buddha





Love and blessings


Don
My humanities teacher said ';You will never get anywhere talking about generalities. The details are everything.';





I have still not a clue what she was going on about. I keep waiting to be ';Oh, that's where I went wrong'; but it seems to me that the details take care of themselves.
';Don't be sorry, don't do it';.. I'll never forget it and it's darn good advice. It came from my sister, that's what she has always taught her children and it's served them well. Me too!





Peace!
';don't take my word for it!';
My grandfather once told me ';you can swim in the red river but you just can't drink from it';





I live by those words still to this day.
Always speak the truth ,you will get the right advice , said by the second Caliph of Islam Abu Bakr R A
The advice is not the issue, the issue is you
career advice by my dad....


not one...





one of them.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm





career? '; it's how u think it is...';


that's all... :)
My hands and eyeballs, The Lord
Love many, trust few. Always paddle your own canoe. - Billy Two Rivers
...words of honey get you more from a woman than words of salt - mom...
The wages of sin is death


My preacher quoting a script from the Bible
';Get over it.'; -Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment