Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is your best advice on staying trim over the holidays.?

I don't want to gain any weight over the holidays. What are your secrets to not overeating?What is your best advice on staying trim over the holidays.?
I plan on taking a walk or a jog a few hours before dinner time. When I eat I plan on using a ';child plate'; (small plate) and filling up on roasted (skinless) turkey. it's only 2 grams of fat/ 128 cals per cup. I will also have steamed veggies and half a roll (don't want to deprive myself completely). Dessert will be tough, but I'm preparing plain sweet potato's for ';dessert'; if I add a little bit of brown sugar (not too much) it will be sweet enough -- but without marshmallows and pecans on top. Good Luck. Happy Turkey Day!What is your best advice on staying trim over the holidays.?
Eat holiday foods that are on your diet. For example, for me, a low carber. I will have turkey, stuffing made with low carb bread crumbs and sausage, homemade cranberry sauce made with Splenda, mashed cauliflower with low carb gravy and homemade low carb pumpkin pie made with splenda instead of sugar. I am also planning to have a mix of southern cooked mustard greens with turnip roots. Now on paper these may seem odd but even non-low-carbers enjoy my cooking. So by cooking thanksgiving dinner myself, I am insured of sticking with my diet. I also do not pile food on my plate. I make sure that there are spaces between my portions.





So the best way to stick to your diet is to cook it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment