Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Need Advice- Is it really true that when you get the depo shot its harder to get pregnant?

I need advice what have been your experiences?Need Advice- Is it really true that when you get the depo shot its harder to get pregnant?
The average I鈥檝e heard of, is at least 18 months before they can conceive. The chances of having a miscarriage are greater due to the fact that the reproductive hormones are greatly affected by the shot causing an imbalance. Also, conceiving too soon after the shot, or right before the shot, can cause birth defects in the baby. This is why the doctor will give a pregnancy test before giving the shot. There are also many side effects of getting the shot including depression, nausea, irregular periods, and more.


Hope this helps.





Good luck.Need Advice- Is it really true that when you get the depo shot its harder to get pregnant?
Not really.


Here is my experience: I had a doctors appointment to receive my 3 depo shot, but 3 days before going to get it my baby kicked my. I was 5 months pregnant. I had gotten pregnant while on the depo shot. It was in between my 1 and 2nd shot I got pregnant, they told me.
Depo is a very strange thing....how it works depends on how your body handles it. There is probably a different effect on every single woman out there that takes this shot. I work for OB docs and it is effective but they prefer the ole fashion pill....it's known to be more effective (more people have gotten pregnant using the shot, patch, implant, IUD, etc. than the pill). But you could be one of those people who take it and it work great, but it's kind of a gambling game with Depo, either it works good or not.
ok let me tell you, i stopped taking the depo shot over a year ago and still havent had a peroid or have been able to concieve! that shot is a nighmare!!!!
The depo shot is a funny thing. I was on the shot for a few years and met my now husband. I had decided to switch birth control. The doctor told me not to worry that I would be ok, since the shot would stop my cycle for a few months. Needless to say, I was pregnant within 3 weeks.


It really depends on the person, how long and how thier body deals with depo.


But be mindful of depo, it had a lot of side effects that are not fun. I would look them up and try a different birth control.
Ummmmmm..since the depo shot is birth control... I surely hope it makes it harder to get pregnant.
the point of the depo shot is to prevent pregnancies.





Coming off the shot does take longer for your hormones to regulate so you can easly get pregnant again. But its by no means a form of sterilization.
Huh? Isn't the depo shot a birth control shot? So a lot of women are sure hoping its harder to get pregnant after having it.
well depo is actually a new anti conception drug or rather relatively new.all these have side effects which have not yet been probably fully found out.its always better 2 go 4 something which has been around for a long time something which does not interfere with ur body's hormones.whenever u go for something like this its better 2 read completely bout it.good luck.
Depo elimainates your body's ability to create the lining of your uterus, which is, of course, what is released when you have your monthly cycle. So, typically, you have no period %26amp; less of a chance of getting pg. Although, you should also know that no method is 100% effective for preventing pregnancy. I had a decent experience with Depo, however, when I got off of it, I had a period that lasted about 2-3 weeks %26amp; gained weight. Also, it took almost 4 years to concieve after discontinuing Depo. Good Luck! Hope that helped a little.
Depend onhow long you have been on it like any hormonal birth control that may have resedual hormones for months and even up to a year depending on how long youve been on it. Personaly any of those hormonal birth controls deliver way to many hormones that the body dosent need like th pill that lets you have 4 periods a year! One study showed that with that pill if used for 10 years can deliver as much hormones that a woman who has never been on birth control for 72 years! (and thats additional)





The IUD deliveres minimal if NO hormones (depending on the one you choose)





The pill also delivers very lil hormones that wont affect you as much )but also depends on how long youve been on it)
I hope so, as I took it as a contaception for 3 years!





If you mean is it harder after you come off it than if you had never taken it, then the answer is they claim it has no affect. I have fertility issues but as far as I know, not related to the depo.
I know someone that had taken depo shots and got pregnant.
ask your dr.
I was on the depo shot for two years. I was told by my Dr. that If I wanted to get pregnant It may take a while after I got off. It all depends on your body type.

No comments:

Post a Comment