Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Need Advice What to do I am 2nd year Visual Arts and also been accepted into childcare course.?

I have to decide to whether to do childcare f/t 4 days a week just gives me 1 day for visual arts or part time 1 day a week. I will love to combine my visual arts course with teaching children. I need and love the creative outlet. If I do childcare f/t finish in Nov or p/t takes 18 months. Do I concentrate on my visual arts and do childcare parttime 1.30-8.30 Thurs.Need Advice What to do I am 2nd year Visual Arts and also been accepted into childcare course.?
Are you able to do the childcare parttime? or will that be a financial burden?


I would do the childcare parttime- 9 more months after november goes by very fast and you would finish next june and still be in your third year for visual arts.- It is great that you want to combine your courses with visual arts and teaching children- I majored in Art as well and am now getting my credential- hopefully to teach art- but there are so many other ways to combine them especially in childcare- where the curriculum is much more free. You can start working in the childcare area as well as soon as you get a few courses down. Montesorri schools are good places to work where you can use both your visual arts training and love of teaching children- I use to work for an after school program where we taught kids to draw.


Unless you are in a financial hurry- 9 extra months so you can keep doing art goes by very fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment