Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grandparents, how receptive are your grandchildren to your advice?

I am curious as to how grandchildren today accept advice compared to say, when you were a child and listened to your own grandparents.Grandparents, how receptive are your grandchildren to your advice?
We always listened to what the grand parents had to say. It was tempered with great kindness and rules of social etiquette that allowed us to grow and to learn.


I find the same to be true for ours as well.Grandparents, how receptive are your grandchildren to your advice?
Didn't have my grandparents for that long.





My grandchildren may occasionally take to heart what I tell them, other times they may completely dismiss it. Either way is is OK with me if they actually listen when I am asked something and am answering, or when I think of something I want to tell them.
We talk about a lot of things so they know my ideas and opinions on subjects but unless asked directly I prefer not to offer advice on specific things. That's what parents are for and I want to make sure that I support what their parents have been suggesting. If I know ahead of time what the parents have said, I'll be happy to add support.
They listen intently and courteously, then do what they want.





I will know more when I talk to my granddaughter, in the next couple of days. Explain to her why she should not marry her boyfriend, next month. I will not tell her she should not, just explain the problems I see, for her, in the future.





That is if she calls me before the wedding. 8-(
My grandchildren listen to what I say much better than my children ever did (until they found out later in life that I knew just what I was talking about).
They listen politely, nod and then do as they please. Just like I did with my parents. I never knew my grandparents.
I don't give them advice. I don't take any from them either. Nor my sons. I don't like people telling me what to do.
eight inteliigent answers are enough
My grandson is only 3 but he listens pretty well...but I guess we'll see as he gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment