Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am going to daytona beach flordia, and I amscared of flying in a plane, any advice?

I am scared of flying, i had a panic attack last time i flew, so any advice to help overcome my fear?, and also if anyone knows any cool places i coluld go in daytona beach florida, please tell me.





ps. and don't tell me to just drive down there.I am going to daytona beach flordia, and I amscared of flying in a plane, any advice?
I had a panic attack the first time I flew too, but I was was able to calm down as soon as we left the runway thanks to this website:


http://www.fearofflyinghelp.com





It was created and is maintained by an experienced commercial airline pilot. It deals with all the issues of flying that make people afraid, and it teaches you how to calm yourself down if you feel a panic attack coming on. It also teaches you what all the different noises and sensations are that you experience on a plane. The site is complete with videos and audio recordings. I definitely recommend checking it out.I am going to daytona beach flordia, and I amscared of flying in a plane, any advice?
My boyfriend and I just went to Florida in July and he also gets panic attacks. He has never flown before and this was his first time. He asked his doctor for medicine, so his doctor gave him Xanax, he took 2 to get there and 2 to come back and he was fine. The Xanax calmed him down and made him relaxed. He also did things in the plane to keep his mind off like he brought his labtop computer and listened to music on his Iphone. The plane we went on (Jetblue) has a tv so it also helped watching tv to get his mind off. I was very surprised because he did very well and didn't panic at all.





As far as your other question, I went to Orlando, FL, so I wouldn't be able to help you with your other question, sorry.





Hope this helps and good luck.
i recently just went to Florida and it was the first time i flew. it was scary, but i started reading and put all my focus on that. it made me forget i was flying. that's the best thing to do. just get your mind off of it. and i was in Fort Lauderdale so I don't know about Daytona, but we went to the Everglades to see alligators and it was fun. also, you could go scuba diving in some parts and swim with dolphins. just try new things and foods and have a good trip!
ponce inlet lighthouse is pretty cool. If your older, the dance clubs are OK along the strip. if you like NASCAR, their track is pretty cool. best hotel for price and location would be Perry's on the beach. There are often boat cruises up and down the river with drinking and dancing, whech is pretty fun. your only like an hour away from St. Augustine.....the history there is GREAT!
Speaking realistically, you have a greater chance of getting killed and/or permanently crippled in a car crash than by being hurt in any way just getting off the plane. I'd recommend breathing to stay calm as NOT breathing does tend to lead one to panic.
I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of air travel so I bring my iPod so I listen to music as opposed to focusing on turbulence and stuff like that... I also hate it when the pressure changes... so I chew gum- it helps when your ears 'pop'.
Think about this: There's a greater chance of you getting into a car accident than you getting into a plane crash.





How many times have you been in a car lately??
Take something to knock you out
Dont look out the window!
  • face make up remover
  • treat acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment