Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am having a difficult time obtaining a surety to get licensed as a professional fundraising. Any advice?

It is only $10,000, which I know is not much concerning an amount for a bond. I have been told that it is ';a difficult bond to write';, even with the elaborate form from the state. This is something I really want to do for non-profits in my area; as I know I will be very successful at it. Please help.I am having a difficult time obtaining a surety to get licensed as a professional fundraising. Any advice?
How many agents have you checked with?





It's NOT a difficult bond to write, unless you have serious financial difficulties. It's highly likely, that you'd have to have an irrevocable letter of credit from your bank to stand for the bond - or you can get someone to cosign the bond for you.





I'd suspect you've talked with an agent - or agents - that either have no idea what they're doing, or just don't want to bother. See, there's a fair amount of work for that bond, and it's not going to make very much money for the agent, so there's no incentive for them to actually put in the hours to get it written.





Call another agent.I am having a difficult time obtaining a surety to get licensed as a professional fundraising. Any advice?
Ask someone whose done it before to see the steps they've taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment